Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 1, 2014


This week has flown, 6 more days until I'm out! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. Sunday is my favorite day now, well other than P-Day. The day is really relaxing and makes you think about your purpose here as a missionary. I view Sunday as a time to realign my spiritual self and prep for the whirlwinds of the upcoming week. I've been thinking about the gift of tongues lately and the fundamentals behind that blessing. We still need to do our best in studying the language and all, but you really need to ask in your prayers consistently. A scripture that I find perfect is D&C 4:7, "Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened up unto you." My companion's Dad has a good quote that goes along with this.
 
"If in your quest you do your best, the Lord is there to do the rest." 
 
Oh, I met up with Elder White yesterday night! It really was a coincidence. He and his companion walk into our classroom looking for a specific teacher and then abruptly walk out again. If it wasn't for  Elder Collins saying, "Pile, weren't you saying something about an Elder White? That guy's name was Elder White dude." So I chase this guy down and we talk. What a small world and that he happened to pop into our classroom. Pretty sweet!
 
Love you guys!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment