Monday, November 24, 2014

November 23, 2014

So this week has been great except one thing, Camilo decided that he isn't ready to be baptized.  So, I know it's frustrating because he's going to Brazil for a month. We just keep going! I seriously love being a missionary. I want to share some super cool things with you guys that I've recently found in the Book of Mormon y tambien en la Santa Biblia. It's so awesome. Okay first, you know how during Christ's earthly ministry he talks about his "other sheep?" So it's in John 10:15-16 and says, "16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold and one Shepherd." So now flip to your awesome Book of Mormon and go to 3Ne 15:21. This is when after the resurrection of Jesus Christ he came and visited the Americas and in verse he says, "21 And verily I say unto you, that ye are they of whom I said other sheep I have which are not of this fold, them also I must bring and they shall hear my voice and there shall be one fold and one shepherd."  Seriously so cool. 
 
Okay, so there is one other super cool thing I want to share with you. During the construction of the Salt Lake Temple the "Mormons" were petitioning for statehood. They wanted the name Deseret but the Governor who wasn't particularly fond of LDS people decided to call the state Utah, after the Ute Indians.  What he didn't know and what we later found out was the meaning of the word "Utah".  It means "top of the mountains." What is really cool is that it's found in the Bible in the book of Isiah 2:2, and it says, "2 And it shall come to pass in the last days that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it."  I love our church!  I love you guys tons and love hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment