Saturday, November 15, 2014

November 3, 2014

 
I swear these weeks are going by faster and faster. My Spanish is coming to me at a very slow gallop. I can say however that I've learned more Spanish than I did in 2 years of school. Probably, because I never paid attention, ha-ha. 
 
Nothing much happened out of the ordinary this week. We gave service to a stray dog  that was being consumed by ticks. Seriously, I knew that ticks existed but I've never seen them in action. When I say "in action" I mean fifty ticks crawling all over this poor dog. I almost puked it was so "skin crawling." ;) ha-ha. We took this dog to the local vet with our investigator, hopefully he gets better.
I've had more encounters with drunks this week than I've had in my entire life. I guess we as missionaries just attract them. My biggest question is why they kiss your hand?
I found out a little while ago that Elder Nelson from the Quorum of the 12 is coming down to speak to us on the 10th so that will be awesome.
Aver... Well, Friday was Halloween! Honestly, that was a pretty trunky day for both Elder Stone and me. We went to the church for the Halloween party. Chileans really know how to throw a party. They had a professional DJ and lights, the whole setup. It was weird though because it was in the chapel, ha-ha. They took out all the chairs and the pulpit and everything. The songs were all American Pop songs, there were like 10 F-words!  Apparently those words don't mean anything down here. Every time one was said everyone would look at us because they knew it was an American garabato. And of course we had our fair share of completos.
Camilo Espinozas fetcha bautizmal is this month and Elder Stone and I are working our butts off to get him ready. I really hope he comes through. He is so receptive and has such a good heart. Every time we teach him I can just feel the love that his Heavenly Father has for him.

So to explain the pictures:
1. I've gained 12 lbs. and it's really starting to show...
2. My comp and me at the Halloween party. He dressed up as Batman and I dressed up as Ron from Harry Potter.
Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment