Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015



So this week has been a busy one! I received packages from you guys and the Cobey Pile family. I loved both of them so much! It's such a special thing for missionaries to receive packages, ha-ha. We actually have a special ceremony we do when opening packages now. Maybe I´ll video tape it sometime.
 
I  have a cool story to tell you that happened this last Tuesday. So, Elder Capuñay and I went to pay the dentist. First, we needed to stop at the bank to withdraw the money for the payment. So we took a colectivo or a taxi down to the bank and started waiting in this line. When all of a sudden I realized I didn't have my wallet in my back pocket where I always keep it. I forgot it in the taxi. Smooth move Parker! So we run over to the nearest taxi and ask for him to inform his taxi buddies about my lost wallet over his radio. There are over 5,000 taxis in Santiago and so at this point I was having very little faith that I would find my wallet again. My wallet had both debit cards, one for the mission and the other personal, temple recommend, drivers license, insurance, and a bit of cash. So the Taxi office gave us their number and told us they would call us if they found it. So, we went back to the house and started calling President and the secretaries to start getting new cards. It was pretty much a sure thing that someone had taken it by now. I needed to freeze my account and all that jazz. Of course, no one picked up. So, we did the next thing and said a prayer. 5 seconds after I ended this prayer we hear an "ahlo" at our gate. We go see and it's our neighbors looking for an Owen Parker Pile of the church of JCOLDS. They told us that they had gotten in a taxi 10 miles away from the house to come home and they found my wallet on the back seat. Out of 7 million people that live in Santiago, our next door neighbors happened to pick up my wallet. I want to testify of the power of prayer and what a powerful tool it really is. Heavenly Father loves us so very much and looks out for us always.
 
We had a baptism this Sunday! His name is Erick Santander and he's super cool. He has such a strong testimony and I'm glad I was able to help him make those special sacred covenants with his loving Heavenly Father. So, it's actually the missionaries job to fill up the baptismal font and all that good stuff.  We did that and left the water running as we went to go make the programs in the secretary's office. As we are doing this, all of a sudden I hear screaming and look out to see what's going on. It surprised me to see Primary children running from their classroom which is located in front of the baptismal font and to see the High Priests Quorum rushing in with mops and vaccums. I turned to my companion and said, "Dude the Baptsimal font!" Ha-ha. So we rushed out to help with our embarrasing flood. Great job missionaries! 
 
Other notes: 
  • Cut my hair today
  • Gave 6 blessings this week
  • Dogs follow me home all the time 
  • I love you guys!!!! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment