Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9. 2015

 
So this week was great! I forgot to mention this earlier but we have a baptism this Sunday! His name is Eric Santander and he was all ready for baptism when we met him ha-ha. He was an old investigator from the missionaries before us.  I honestly feel like a cherry picker. I'm very very happy for his decision to follow the example of his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
We had changes today and Elder Barfuss left! Although we are all sad he will be in the same zone. So he's only a hop, skip and a jump away. We got a new Elder in our pension. His name is Elder Enciso and he's also from Utah (like every freaking missionary). His Dad is from Peru and his Mom is gringa so he speaks perfect English and Spanish. He's also a total beast at soccer which he demonstrated for us on the field today.  Elder Stone is now a Zone leader in the neighboring zone, called Vecuña Mckenna. I'm so excited for him. I love that guy so much.  Elder Chester Hansen is training! So is Elder Collins from the CCM. He's also is a district leader! I just know that they are going to do great. They all say hi by the way :).
So, I have a funny story for you. This week we had a couple investigators in church and as we were taking the santa cenna one of our investigators named Ricardo took the bread and looked at the deacon and said, " Can I get some butter with this?"  ha-ha, I had to pinch my nose to constrain the laughter inside of me ha-ha.
So about the pictures, the one with all of us, my pension mates and companion. On the very left we have Elder Barfuss and then on the other side we have Elder Keesling.  The other picture is of Elder  Dahl's best friend, Elder Gowdy!  It was great to connect all the dots. The missionary world is ridiculously small. He showed me Elder Dahl's wedding invitation and it was pretty sweet. He looks like Joseph Smith!
 
Well I love you and I'll talk to you next week!
Elder Parker Pile 

No comments:

Post a Comment