Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 30, 2015


So we are all gearing up for General Conference because it's seriously the best thing ever. Hearing from a Prophet of God in direct time is seriously such a blessing. I'm so very grateful for that.

It's been raining quite a bit this week but usually during the night when I'm all cuddled up in my sleeping bag. I love the rain and love to listen to it patter against the window. My companion E´Capuñay shook me awake at 3 in the morning yelling, " Relámpagos! Relámpagos!" Which means lightning in English. Apparently thunder and lighting does not exsist in Peru, ha-ha. So he made me stay up with him like an hour watching the lightning. Finally I said , "Alright buddy you can watch all the lighting you want in the spirit world if we get struck tonight. But right now our mortal bodies need some sleep." So after about a minute more he went back to sleep. 

So we were having lunch with the Familia Santibañez and the husband wanted a blessing for his mouth because it was hurting a lot. So I pulled out my oil and was in the middle of the annointing when no oil came out. I said to him, "Well as you can see hermano we´ve been giving a lot of blessings this week." So we  blessed some oil right there on the spot and proceeded to give him another blessing. 

We also had service this week cutting off branches for the Relief Society President in our ward. So that was fun. We have a before and after picture of that. No joke this Hermana, Hermana Quiroga looks a lot like you mom ha-ha and some of the same personality traits. It's pretty cool. I´ll have to take a picture with her sometime. 

But yeah that is a little bit of what happened this week. Hope all is well and I love you so much! 

With love from your missionary-    

No comments:

Post a Comment