Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 22, 2015

This week was all about Elder Jackson and finding the best way for him to adapt to this awesome sector. He is really such a great guy and I look up to him a lot for the things that he has been able to conquer while being on the mission. Yes, we have made several connections; such as our old riding area Sycamore Creek by the base of Four Peaks. He says he used to go down there all the time. He is actually from a little town called St. Johns. That's where his Grandpa's farm is and everything, super cool. 
 
We have been working a lot with Ludmila (Lucy) and her family lately. I was just beaming with joy when I saw her come into the chapel this last Sunday. She is making great progress and really coming to know her personal relationship with her Father in Heaven and her Savior Jesus Christ. 

I've been studying recently the life of Jesus Christ and the many miraculous things that he did during his lifetime and ministry here on the earth. Something I found really cool is when Jesus told Peter to throw their nets on the side of the boat to catch the fish after he had been going at it all day and didn't have a single sliver of success. (Luke 5:4-5)  
4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let
down your nets for a draught.
5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
7And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them, And they came and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
 
So we know that Simon Peter was a fisherman and through this profession he was able to provide for his family. At times we may overlook that the disciples really did have their own families back home. The reason I really like this story of Jesus providing this miracle to Peter is because he was taking care of Simon Peter's family before he called him on the long journey as one of his disciples. How? With all that fish that Jesus provided for Peter he was able to leave his family for a few months with plenty of food to eat. That's really such a big testimony to me that when we as missionaries go out and away from our family and loves ones for two years, he will provide the means for them as we are by his side and doing His glorious work. I love my Savior so much and as I study more about His life I find myself developing a more personal connection with Him and His work.
 
I love you guys so very much and I hope you have a great week to come.
 
With all the love, 
Elder Parker Pile 

No comments:

Post a Comment