Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 20, 2015

Well it's been pretty cold this week and I feel like such a wimp because I'm the one getting cold faster even though I'm from Alaska, sheesh! People tell me I should have bear skin or something but that has never really made much sense to me ha-ha. I went on divisions up in the mountains last Tuesday to a place called San Jose de Maipo. Pretty sweet place for sure, really cold but pretty. My calves probably grew 2 inches from spending a day up there. We walked literally up the mountains to get to these Elders' investigators ha-ha. 
We also had interviews with our President this last Wednesday and it was great to get to know him and his wife on a more personal level. He is so different from President Wright. He's really loving. You can just feel the love he has for you in the way that he speaks, acts, and listens. I aspire to follow his example and give off the same radiance that he does. 
 
We have some changes actually as a mission, to some of the rules anyways. First we now have our P-days on Tuesday instead of Monday. We can  go to the temple every 3 months and changes or transfers will be on Wednesdays, pretty big ha-ha. It´ll be a little weird for me the first couple weeks but I'm sure I´ll get used to it in no time. 
 
I've been focusing my studies on the powers of the Atonement lately and there is just SO much to learn. Specifically this week I studied about the strengthening power. In my own words this power of the Atonement is, "growing in patience and increasing the amount of acceptance to the will or mysteries of God through afflictions and trials." In 1Nephi 1:1, Nephi explains through the afflictions that he has gone through, he now better understands the "mysteries" of God or in other words, "the will of God" as we see being shown in Mosiah 24:15 the people begin to have a greater amount of "patience" and submit cheerfully to the will/mysteries of the Father. As we pass through afflictions and trials of our own, we as Nephi will have a greater understanding of the mysteries of God and therefore increase the amount of patience that we have to submit cheerfully to the will of our loving Heavenly Father. Really no one can deliver us from our afflictions but God the Father. (Mosiah 24:21) 

Love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment