Friday, November 27, 2015

November 24, 2015

Hey mom! Hey dad! I just want you to know I love you so very much.  I want to tell you about my awesome week.

It is getting very hot outside. Well, it's weird because the heat isn't around you rather it touches you and that heat is directly from the sun. I seriously believe I will get skin cancer later in my life if I'm not using sunscreen everyday. 

We have a baptism for this upcoming Sunday for an awesome girl named Isidora. Shes been investigating the church for 10 months now and I'm so proud of her for taking the next step of being baptized. I've taught her for so long and it's going to be awesome to see her finally enter the water of baptism. Keep her in you prayers!

We also had a special area conference with Elder Cook and that was super cool to hear a little English from someone that doesn't have as much Latino influence. Elder Cook and his wife talked to us about the Ward Council meetings and everyone learned some great stuff by the Holy Ghost. His wife Sister Cook actually told us a story that I love called, "The Star Thrower.": 

“Once, on ancient Earth, there was a human boy walking along a beach. There had just been a storm, and starfish had been scattered along the sands. The boy knew the fish would die, so he began to fling the fish to the sea. But every time he threw a starfish, another would wash ashore. "An old Earth man happened along and saw what the child was doing. He called out, 'Boy, what are you doing?' " 'Saving the starfish!' replied the boy. " 'But your attempts are useless, child! Every time you save one, another one returns, often the same one! You can't save them all, so why bother trying? Why does it matter, anyway?' called the old man. "The boy thought about this for a while, a starfish in his hand; he answered, "Well, it matters to this one." And then he flung the starfish into the welcoming sea.” 

We can't save every single person or make all the less active members come back to church all at once. We can start by working on one individual at a time. The scripture that I love and best fits with this story is D&C 18:16 

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many soulsunto me!

I love you guys so much and if there's anything that I can pray for that you need I am at your disposal. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment