Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 15, 2015

This week has been really good. Still setting everything up in this new sector so it can get rolling. We had some awesome adventures with Elder Reese this week, that's for sure ha-ha.
So we found a new investigator 5 days ago named, Juan but he likes us to call him Pepe. This dude is 97 years old. It's awesome though because he still is super active and can hear everything perfectly. He does talk a lot, but who can blame a man for talking a lot when he´s seen 97 years worth of experience ha-ha. So I imagine he's got lot on his mind. 
 
Wednesday we were walking down the street at 9:30pm trying to find someone to contact when we ran into this guy named Pedro. We started talking to him and after 5 minutes he told us to come inside. We went to his porch and it was illuminated with the light of giant fish tanks. We sat down and started talking to him. By my surprise our conversation quickly turned into a proposal to take over the country of Chile! ha-ha. I was like whoa hold up there buddy. Before I had time to figure out what was going on he gave us two contracts. One for me and the other for Elder Reese. As I skimmed through the proposals of the contract my eye caught the phrase, "Take power over nuclear weapons to secure border limits..." I couldn't help but start to laugh because the situation we were in was so strange. We hurried to explain to him that as missionaries we don't involve ourselves in political affairs and we got out of there, ha-ha. That's one of Elder Reese's favorite missionary experience now.
We also went to downtown Santiago to get Elder Reese's visa. In the registro civil, I met a bunch of exchange students from the states. I don't know why but it made me a little trunky talking to gringos who aren't missionaries. That was super cool! They couldn't believe I have been in Chile for almost a year and a half. I apologized to them if I had any grammatical errors in my English.
I love you guys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment