Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 22, 2015

 
I love steaming, hot Christmas..ha-ha. This week has been really good and satisfying. Not very exciting but I was satisfied at the fact that we tried our very best to talk to the new investigators that we did.
Elder Reese and I decided this week that we were going to put the fire under the butts of all of our contacts and investigators to get the move on and put some actual urgency in there lives and actions. It occurred to me in one of my studies that all of the prophets of the Book of Mormon are always calling the people to repentance. They didn't just say  "Hey! We have a great message to share with you and it will bless your life forever! What do you say??" Rather they put the contrast behind it when the taught the people. For example... "We have a message of great happiness that tells us how we can live with our families forever in the life to come. Of course if we don't do the things that we should to obtain this eternal family we will be alone forever without the family relations that we now enjoy so very much. What do you think about that?" Anyways we tried that out this week and I was surprised actually on how well it turned out. I could see the importance of the message in the eyes of the people we were talking to. Rather than saying to us, "hmmm eternal families? Yeah that's nice. Excuse me my chickens in the oven." People started responding, "Wow. I defiantly DON'T want to not see my family forever. What can I do to prepare my family for that?" It was pretty cool.
I also went to Pirque for interchanges and it was awesome. I never thought I would have the opportunity to go to Pirque in the mission because the sister missionaries have been in charge of that sector for 3 years. It's the most southern part of our mission and its pretty much all wilderness... I'm not really sure how to say that in English. I'll just say campo, it was awesome. I got to ride on the back of a truck for a couple miles to get to a lady's house. 
A couple nights ago I had one of the worse nights of my life here on the mission. I woke up at 3am to super sharp and intense pains in my stomach area. After about 10 minutes of trying to cope with it, I got up to try to use the bathroom becasue by this point I was sweating. I was in so much pain but nothing came out. So, I tried to vomit, that's when the pickle/milk mix came out ha-ha. I had no idea that pickles and milk are not a good combination. Food is food. So when I'm hungry I eat the food, pretty simple.
My companion, Elder Reese falls asleep all the time and in any location. We can be in a lesson, in the church, anywhere...  We are going to buy an electric button so everytime his chin hits his chest it´ll give him a little shock.
I love you guys so much and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas remembering the birth of our Beloved Savior. What a wonderful time of the year it is and how blessed we are as children of loving Heavenly Parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment