Wednesday, December 9, 2015

December 9, 2015

 
So here I am in my new sector, Colonial, in the Zone of Codillera. It's a super ancient zone and the missionaries have worked it a lot. Something that's super cool is that Elder Stone was actually born in this very same sector. As well as his trainer, and his trainer's trainer... ha-ha (Elder Skousen and Elder Watts.) This sector is hard worked and almost everyone already knows who the LDS missionaries are... ha-ha. However that doesn't mean that there isn't anyone because that would be a lie. There is always someone.
My new companion is Elder Lancelot Reese. He's from Broken Arrow, OK and just got done with his training. (3months) What's funny is that when my companion Elder Jackson went home I had to go to the office to pick up a greenie. That Elder actually happened to be Elder Reese. Small mission ha-ha (it's actually super small...)
This week has been pretty good getting to know the new sector and everything. The members in the Ward are super awesome and nice but are not very accustomed to working with the missionaries. We will have that changed very soon though. Our apartment is nice. We actually have a dryer which is a complete miracle. I have missed clothes washing technology so much.
It's getting super hot... ha-ha that's all I have to say about that.
A miracle that we experienced yesterday was when we were contacting and contacting and contacting... and had no luck while doing so. When we came to a house and the spirit told us to try it out, so we went up and knocked. A girl 22 years old came to the door with a 2 year old toddler girl. After talking to her for a few minutes her mom came to the door and it turned out that the mom was a less active member and was baptized 12 years ago. The conversation at the door soon changed to a conversation in the living room. They told us that they suffered a traumatic loss in the family being their dad and husband. In all honesty, I don't remember all that we talked about last night with them because the conversation was completely and totally lead by the spirit. I do know however that we have a day to go back this Friday and we are going to go take a tour of the temple with them this Saturday.
I love my Savior so much and I am grateful that my Heavenly Father gave His only begotten Son so we can have joy and peace and return home one day.  I am so grateful for the sacrifices of both my Savior and my Heavenly Father. We know that by sacrifice and the doing of hard things, blessings and miracles are brought about.
I love you guys so much and I look forward to hearing how your week went next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment