Friday, July 1, 2016

June 28, 2016


This week the Holy Ghost has taught me many things that are important to both my work I have yet to complete here in Chile, and also for my eternal progression. One of these things that I learned I would like to share with you, which is the importance of using spiritual gifts for both our progression and that of those around us. Discovering and continuing to develop these gifts is essential for our spiritual survival in this darkening world. President asked me a very inspired question a couple of days ago asking, "Elder Pile, who do you think is most excited for your return home?" Being the humorous guy that I am I responded with a smile, "I suppose most of the single women of my stake." He laughed at that and continued, "The person most excited for your return home is the adversary himself. Satan." This exchange with President helped me realize that in these 5 weeks that I have left is the only time that I have left to arm myself with the powers of heaven necessary to defend against the cunning tricks he has in store and to continue doing so when home. I love my God and I thank Him for protecting me as a direct blessing from the obedience that I show him in keeping his commandments and serving His dear children.

In the zone we received many new missionaries and I was so happy to get to know them yesterday in our zone training. I love every single one of them and I pray that the Lord will give me the light I need to show forth a good example to them. Interestingly, one of the Elders that came in, Elder Otto, is a huge fan of the video game Borderlands. It was a great opportunity to connect fast with him. 

I love you guys so much and I know that the Lord blesses me because of your devout service to Him in His Kingdom. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment